Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Lapis Cake~

My first attempt at it... after spending 3 hours to bake the Lapis cake... i don't think i'll be baking it again any time soon... it's a long and repetitive process, no wonder it's relatively expensive to get it from confectionary shops ya. i reduced the quantity of the ingredients by half (didn't want to use too many eggs :p) and used a round cake tin instead of the usual square tin ya.


Keke... there's not much height to the cake, that's because the base was overbaked and hard ya, so i had to cut it off. And 'em, i ran out of the dark layer batter, so there was not much contrast in the layers from the center to the top. But at least it still tasted like cake lapis ya. Well, i'd have to practise a couple more times to perfect the cake. As for now, i'm satisfied with this first attempt ya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in exchanging links or
maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa?

My site goes over a lot of the same subjects as yours
and I believe we could greatly benefit from each other.
If you're interested feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Wonderful blog by the way!

Here is my site; roulette online